What is a smart car key and how does it work? One of the most notable innovations in the field of vehicles can be found in premium cars or in cars that aspire to be similar to premium cars: the innovation in question is none other than a smart key. This is a sophisticated card that eliminates the need to use a key to open and close the car doors and is also used to start the car. So how does it actually work?
How to start a car with a smart key?
A system is installed in the vehicle that recognizes the operating card held by the vehicle owner himself. The following points detail how such a card works:
- The stage of opening the door and identifying the driver – using the card (the smart key), the system allows the driver to open the door even from a distance and enter the vehicle. Once the card is in the vehicle, even if it is hidden in the driver’s pocket, the system detects that the driver has entered so there is no need to lug around a heavy bundle of keys and look for it in a bag or pockets.
- Simple press – Once the advanced system has detected the driver he must press the start button on the dashboard, and then he can set off.
- Vehicle shutdown, locking and maximum protection – to switch off the car you have to press the same button that started it and just as the vehicle can be opened automatically from a distance – so too can it be locked. In addition, the key code can be changed for maximum protection.
The benefits of a keyless start system
- Reduces operations – As mentioned, the smart key eliminates the need for a regular key. Using it makes routine operations like opening and closing the vehicle much easier.
- Eases the pockets – the smart key saves the need to walk around with a bunch of car keys.
- Traveling with children – Simplicity and convenience The use of a smart key allows the vehicle owner not to take their eyes off them and leaves their hands free until the moment of driving.
- Unlimited use – Another important advantage is that the use of a smart key is usually not limited to the type of vehicle and its year of manufacture – today the system can be installed in most vehicles.
How to act in cases where the smart key does not work?
If the smart key does not start, contact to car locksmith who has passed all the necessary certifications, has extensive experience, is up to date with all innovations in the field and is available for the area where the vehicle is located.
Advancing to the next generation of car keys
If you are interested in upgrading the vehicle experience to a more advanced and comfortable one by controlling the starting system and the opening and closing mechanisms of the vehicle, you too can install a smart key. Installing a smart system can be easily done by a car locksmith who knows the system and can explain to the car owner about its use.
Important thing! If the key is stolen, a professional car locksmith will restores a smart key. The service is also available to anyone who is interested in entrusting a spare key to someone you trust or as a result of irreversible damage to the product.
Either way, switching to using a smart key is a wise decision, and it is likely that in the future most vehicles on the market will switch to using a smart key.